-->

Monday, September 14, 2009

Motivational Monday


"Every father and mother are the family’s storekeepers. They should store whatever their own family would like to have in the case of an emergency. . . . Some have said, “We have followed this counsel in the past and have never had need to use our year’s supply, so we have difficulty keeping this in mind as a major priority.” Perhaps following this counsel could be the reason why they have not needed to use their reserve. By continued rotation of the supply it can be kept usable with no waste" (James E. Faust, in Conference Report, Apr. 1986, 26; or Ensign, May 1986, 22).


1 comments:

Danielle said...

I think we are supposed to hope that we'll never need our year's supply! Luckily for me, this is a major priority in our home. It allows me to save tons of money on food because I plan to stock up long term on things that are on sale and have come to truly understand what constitutes a good price on these items.

We have also learned to use things that store well long term, such as wheat and dried beans. The addition of wheat to homemade bread, homemade pizza dough, and homemade pasta is definitely making these things healthier and more cost effective for our family.

Finally, I love the thought that the father and mother are the family's storekeepers. It gives me a visual of that great responsibility I have to my daughter.