-->

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Preparedness Gift Guide

It's time for our annual preparedness gift guide!


Not sure what to give your parents/kids/siblings for Christmas?  Well, you've come to the right place!  Each year we post a gift guide to (hopefully) give you some great ideas for gifts to give the people you love.  I'll admit, it may not be that fun to give or receive food storage or preparedness items for Christmas, but I truly can't think of anything more realistic to spend money on.  Plus, giving someone the gift of preparedness is really a thoughtful gift, if you ask me! (And, I'm being totally honest when I say, I do have some food storage items on my Christmas list this year!  Sure, it's a little boring and I hope I also get something more "fun", but I just couldn't really, in good conscience, ask for fun things when my food storage is so lacking right now!)


Anyway, some items are listed under two price brackets because they may be different sizes or of a different quality. 

*Note: these prices listed below are based on quick online research. Shopping around or buying used will help you find the best deal on any of these items.

Under $20
this awesome food storage e-book :)
Small first aid kits (this is a pack of two... a great deal!)
Crank Flashlights (get ones for the whole family!)
Jumper cables
Fuel for you r camp stoves or grills
water storage containers
spices and herbs
$20 - 60
Dutch oven
Solar (or crank) powered radio (or solar radio/flashlight combo)
Wheat grinder (very small, hand cranked - useful if you lose electricity!)
rotating systems from Shelf Reliance

$60-100
Ready-made 72-hour kits (this one's a 4-person kit)
Wheat grinder (small - hand cranked or automatics)
Pressure cooker (small)
Dehydrator (large)
55-gallon drum for water storage

$100-200
Rotating shelf systems (small)
Wheat grinder (small electric)

$200+
Rotating shelf systems (small to large)
 Electric wheat grinder (I hear this one is great!)
Pressure cooker (huge)
You could also just ask for some actual food storage - #10 cans of wheat, rice, beans, oats, powdered milk, etc.  Besides Amazon, there are many companies you can browse through as you make your wish list (or as you make your gift giving list). 
Any other gift ideas you can think of?? Share them with us!

1 comments:

Candy said...

I am giving my daughter an emergency car kit. She started driving recently and has already had need of one.