-->

Friday, November 4, 2011

Food Storage Friday: Creamy Tortilla Soup

Aleasha is here with our Food Storage Friday recipe of the week!






  This soup was so fast and amazing! Ready to eat in 10 minutes or less
and my family LOVED it! One of the comments at the table was "I would
even eat this even if I wasn't starving!"

  
Canned Chicken, 1 Can of Corn, 2 Cans of beans- I had kidney and pinto (I would have loved black
beans in mine, but I was out), 1 can Rotel (tomatoes with peppers), 1 can of Cream of Something Soup (I had mushroom. I am sure any kind would work) Spices-Cumin, Chili powder, Garlic powder, Salt and Pepper-not pictured

Pour olive oil  in pan on medium heat. Add spices and saute.



Drain chicken and add to seasonings. Pour all other cans into pot and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.  I did not add the whole can of Rotel. My family does not really like things spicy. Adjust for your family.

Serve with tortilla chips. When rotating through your food storage,
serve with sour cream and avocado. YUM!

Creamy Tortilla Soup

Canned Chicken
1 Can of Corn
2 Cans of beans
1 can Rotel (tomatoes with peppers)
1 can of Cream of Something Soup
Spices-Cumin, Chili powder, Garlic powder, Salt and Pepper
olive oil

Pour 2 Tbsp olive oil into pan on medium heat. Add 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp garlic powder and 1/2 tsp chili powder and saute.

Drain chicken and add to seasonings.

Pour all other cans into pot and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Add salt
and pepper to taste.

Serve with Tortilla chips.

Tip:if using black beans, drain and rinse before pouring in soup.

1 comments:

Jimfavreur said...

I just used your dip recipe and my family loved it! I recently befriended someone that is a Shelf reliance consultant. I had never heard of the company or even the concept but she gave me a shelf reliance coupon and now I have a pantry of nonperishable food in the event of an emergency for my family. The only problem I came across were recipes. Thank you so much for sharing this with me.