-->

Friday, October 8, 2010

Food Storage Friday: Chicken Casserole

So, one of our readers (hi Pam!) sent in this great recipe just yesterday, and I just so happened to have all the ingredients in my house and I had to try it out.  It was a big hit and I'll definitely be adding this to our food storage meal rotation (and our three-month supply plan).

The sad part is.... my point-and-shoot camera has recently broken (it was dropped one too many times).  So, I wasn't able to document the recipe with any images, but trust me when I say, it was great.

Chicken Casserole (serves 8)

2 cans of chicken
1 can mixed veggies
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can evaporated milk
1-2 boxes prepared stuffing

Combine the first 5 ingredients in a casserole dish.  Evenly spread prepared stuffing on top.  Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

Yum!  I ended up making this in two casserole dishes and freezing one of them for a dinner on a busy day.  It was so good and I recommend it!

Thanks again, Pam!

If any of our other readers have food storage meals they'd like to share, please email us at safelygatheredin (at) gmail.com.

3 comments:

Huffman Family said...

Can't wait to try this. Thanks for sharing it sounds delicious.

TK said...

Recipe sounds good... can you put the ounces of the products for us who are creatively impaired. ;)

Pam's Pride said...

I am so honored that you used one of our family favorites and that you liked it! For the can of veggies we use a #10 can. Lots of mixed veggies!