-->

Friday, June 19, 2009

Food Storage Friday: Peanut Butter Pie (Guest Post)

This Peanut Butter Pie is soo darn delish AND soo easy to make ANNNND I will now ALWAYS have Oreos on hand. (husband is not fighting me on this!)

Start off with a couple Oreos-probably 30 or so. Give them a good crush. I used a mini food processor, however a Ziploc and a rolling pin would work great.



Anyway you do it, make it look like this.
Okay so this was totally a slip up. I just wasn't thinking. But you can take some shortening and melt it. You just a need a little something to make the crumbs stay together on a pie shell.
Add this butter/shortening to the cookie crumbs.
Now when I make this again (and I will!) I won't use this deep of a pie plate, however husband got this beautiful pie plate for me and I hadn't used it yet.
Now you will need to make the Pie part. When using powdered milk to make pudding you need to use less water or it doesn't set up. I made about 2.5 cups of milk. I made the jello pudding with 1/2 of the water suggested and had the other milk to work with. Once the pudding is set up a little bit add some peanut butter. This is really just up to you as to how peanuty you want it. I started with 1/2 of a cup but ended up added 1/2 more.
Mix your powdered milk with water.
Add in the pudding.
Add in the peanut butter and combine well. I had already added some peanut butter in this picture and the pudding was too thick so I added more milk.
This is how it looks once all combined.
Pour into pie shell. YUM! Refrigerate for at least 4 hours to allow it to set up. It will more firm.
When I was at the store getting the Oreos for this I had what I think was one of more brilliant ideas. Refrigerator pie + Magic Shell = Deliciousness!!!!!! After the pie had been in the fridge for 4 hours, I added the Magic Shell and put it in the freezer. This is optional, but if you have it on had I would Really recommend it. Enjoy!!!
  • Crush Oreos and press into pie shell.
  • Make milk with powdered milk and water.
  • Combine pudding with less milk.
  • Add peanut butter and mix well.
  • Pour into pie shell and refrigerate.

One year ago on Safely Gathered In: Jerky Curry (cooked without electricity!)

9 comments:

Kestrel said...

Oooh, yummy. My mom always crushes Oreos by wrapping them in 2 plastic bags and then running over them with the car. She swears it works, so whatever!

Sharron said...

I lover the car idea. I would use super crunch peanut butter!

Gabrielle said...

OH MY! I'm salivating! Yuuuuumy!

Megan said...

I'm a little confused about the milk powder to water ratio. How much powdered milk did you add to how much water to get the 2.5 cups? Thanks!

Unknown said...

My kids are begging me to make this. I found your blog over on Old Fashioned Motherhood and after taking one look at this pie they were hooked!!

Carol said...

I think I've made that years ago with sugar free pudding! Yum, I'd forgotten all about that recipe! I'll be making that! Thanks!

Aleasha said...

Megan, I made regular powdered milk, you just need less milk in the pudding to make it set up. Hope this helps!

Unknown said...

Um, do you scrape the filling off the Oreos? Pic showed whole Oreos but next pic showed no white. (Which would be expected, right, if it was the whole Oreo?)

Abs said...

Aleasha says: No you don't scrape the filling out. It acts as a kind of binder to hold the crumbs together.