-->

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tuesday!

Every Tuesday, we post specific items you should gather in order to supplement your emergency car kit, your 3-month supply, and your longer-term storage. If you are new to our blog, don't worry! You won't be left behind. Just start up where we are and follow along. You will eventually have everything completed! Once the car kit is complete, we'll be putting together 72-hour kits again (week by week). Once those are done, we'll gather the car kits again. So don't worry, just jump on in and join us where we are today!

This week for your car kits, add a basic first aid kit. There are lots to choose from, and I've added an Amazon link on the right side of the page to give you an idea of what you could get. Feel free to get that exact one, or shop around to see what works for your family. You shouldn't need to spend more than $10-12.

How is your 3-month supply coming along? I know I've said this a lot in the past, but don't forget to store snacks and other treats for your family. It would be really tough for me (and my kids!) to get through 3 whole months without snacks. I really like storing dried fruit and crackers for family.

It's a new month, and we're gathering RICE in April for your longer-term food storage. Not sure how much rice you need? Click here to see a food storage calculator and find out. Don't get overwhelmed, though! Just buy what you can each month, and later this year we'll be gathering rice again. Want to buy rice already canned up in #10 cans? Click here to purchase them from LDS catalog. Prices include shipping.

2 comments:

Krystal said...

I'm so glad I found your blog, and I can't wait to read through everything and start following it all!

Tori said...

I like that you're guiding purchases for the different kits and repeat them! What a blessing to your readers!!! ^_^