-->

Thursday, August 14, 2008

How to Rotate Food: The Rubber Band Method

My cousin tipped me off on this idea which is from this book by Marie Ricks. Funny that I didn't pick up on it while I was reading the book, it's a great idea.

Again, please forgive me for using snack size raisin boxes. I would never employ this method on these. Vacation, vacation.


The basic idea is that you have a certain number of the same items.



As you use them...


...You will come across the last one which is rubber-banded. This means: "Hey! Go to the store, I'm out of raisins!" Or whatever it is. Great reminder, especially for spices, bouillon and smaller items that are used up at a slower rate.


Hope you've enjoyed our series on storage rotation. If you have any tips or ideas, please email us so we can share them with everyone, include pictures if you want! Stay tuned for our water storage series which starts next week!

Other Rotation Methods

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm officially obsessed with this blog. Loved this little series on rotating.

Anonymous said...

Nice idea if you have several items in one place, You could put the rubberband on the next-to-last, so that you will have on full package plus the one you intend to open.

Anonymous said...

Great idea.......some people are just ingenious!