-->

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Important Message!

Hi Readers!

First off, thanks to EVERYONE who reads and follows our blog. We also know that many of you have added our blog link to your own blogs, and we are so flattered. Thanks for the support you've given us so far. We are really enjoying this blog, and we are especially enjoying the fact that we're becoming more and more prepared. We hope you're having as much fun as we are.

Anyway, this past Wednesday I posted about "How to 'Can' Dry Products (Bottling)". I have known of a few people who bottle this way, and it has worked for them. However, it has come to our attention that this method is not recommended. I have done a little extra research, and apparently it's not safe to use this method for "wet" products (meats, etc.) because the heat of the oven does not properly kill bacteria. I have yet to find more information about bottling our dry products (like we wrote about), but until I can find more information to back up my method, I feel uncomfortable promoting it.

I have pulled the post off our blog for the time being; hopefully we can find some more information about this. As soon as we find that it's safe, we'll put the post back up.

Sorry about that! I know many of you were excited to try out this method. It seemed to work great for me, but please don't try it at home until we know that it's 100% safe!

Have a great weekend! I don't know about you, but I have some backpacks to gather up!

0 comments: