The past year I've been busy growing something other than food storage. Maybe many of you can sympathize with me that when I'm pregnant, I lose focus on a lot of goals and just try to survive. So now that I am out of the pregnancy-induced daze, I'm ready to jump back into life, especially into food storage! And there's no better time than the new year.
Here are my food storage/emergency preparedness goals for this year:
1. Go through and "revitalize" the following:
- Car kit
- 72 hour kits
- 3 month supply menu plan
2. Eat up current food storage
Like Hannah, I'm *hopefully* moving this summer and I've decided to follow her plan and eat up our food storage (especially our 3 month supply). I will try to save the grocery money I would have spent and restock our food storage when we move. I am planning on saving and moving a lot of our long term supply (beans and wheat that has been canned and is good for 30+ years) but I'd like to eat through our three month supply and several bags of wheat I've got stashed in my guest room closet. To help with this goal, I have mini goals:
- Make bread often (eat only homemade bread)
- Keep ground wheat flour in freezer for any cooking/baking
- Eat the pantry and freezers clean
- Make a 3 Month Supply Menu plan and grocery list (catered to our family) so that when we move into our new home I'll know exactly what to buy
- Buy as much of our food storage as budget allows when we move into our new home
Here's to a New Year and new goals!