-->

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Weekend Roundup: Try a Tin Foil Dinner

A couple of weeks ago, our family went camping. I decided to try tin foil dinners for the first time. Mountain Man has had them a lot, but it was my first time.

I made his and her tin foil dinners. Mine had a fish (tilapia) fillet with chopped veggies (zucchini, sweet potato, and red pepper). I put the fish in raw (scary) and sprinkled everything liberally with salt and pepper. Then I triple wrapped it in tin foil!
Mountain Man requested a pork chop. I sliced apples to go on top and added brown sugar and butter. He added the hot sauce. :)


This is after it had cooked in the fire. The veggies and fish had steamed perfectly in the foil. It was SO delicious.

Perfect camping food!

Served with this salad on the side. Try a tin foil dinner, it's so easy to make them to suit your tastes. Check out Sarah's tutorial here!

3 comments:

barefoot gardener said...

I do love me some tin foil dinner!

My favorite is a fall veggie inspired one: Acorn squash, rutabaga, onion, kohlrabi, potato, brussel sprouts, maybe some sweet potato.... drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil and season with seasoned salt or garlic salt and pepper.

YUM!

Kims Kandy Kreations said...

We LOVE to have foil dinners. In fact we had them last week, but we save the time of building a fire and cook them in our oven.

Just make it the same way, put it on a baking sheet (that will catch any mess that may leak) and cook for 1 1/2 hours at 350 degrees. Then flip the dinner 1/2 way through.

YUM! YUM! May have to go find my leftovers now.

scifichick said...

That sounds great! We will be going camping soon and I think we'll try this idea out. Mmmm, can't wait!