-->

Friday, March 4, 2011

Food Storage Friday: Black Bean Hummus

Black Bean Hummus Recipe



We've shared traditional hummus recipes with you in the past but when I came across this black bean hummus recipe I knew I had to share it with you.  I love hummus and I love sampling different variations of the recipe.


Black Bean Hummus (serves 8)


1 clove garlic
1 can black beans, drained (reserve liquid)
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1.5 Tbsp tahini
3/4 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
10 greek olives (if desired)


Mince the garlic in the food processor.  Add black beans, 2 Tbsp reserved liquid, lemon juice, cumin, tahini, salt, and cayenne pepper.  Process until smooth, add additional seasoning and liquid to taste.  Garnish with paprika and Greek olives.


I don't have a food processor so when I make hummus, I always just throw all the ingredients into my blender and that works nicely.


Enjoy!

0 comments: