-->

Friday, December 2, 2011

Food Storage Friday - Mac and Cheese


I feel kind of silly sharing this no-brainer recipe with you all, but it was just introduced to me and I thought it was great!  It's so easy, so simple, so.... good!  My kids loved it!  And isn't that what a food storage recipe is supposed to be like?


There are only two ingredients: 1 lb pasta, and a can of cheddar cheese soup:



Cook your pasta, drain it, and pour in the soup.  I didn't even have to heat the soup since it heated up so much on contact with the pasta.  I didn't add water or anything, but I think it would be better (and a bit creamier) if I had added half a cup or so of the hot pasta water.  I'll do that next time.


This recipe makes SO MUCH pasta... it was easily about three meals for my 2 little kids.  It's also a great "base recipe".  You could add canned tomatoes, spices, meat, spices, or any other veggies.


Enjoy!

3 comments:

Julie said...

It might be a no brainier but I had never thought of it either. Definitely going to give this a try, it looks great and easy. I think we'll try it with canned chicken and maybe a can of veggies! Thanks!

Brenna Bee said...

You're welcome! It may be a no-brainer, but as they say, "necessity is the mother of invention" so here we are with the easiest Mac and Cheese recipe EVER! Come to think of it, though, you can thank Meghan for her nagging for "cheesy noodles." :)

Anonymous said...

Great recipe!! Sometimes the 'no brainers' are the very best. Thanks for sharing.