-->

Saturday, May 23, 2009

A quick Q&A and a What's Cookin'?

What happened to your "Safely gathered in" Button, The picture seems to be gone.

We had some issues with our bandwidth. I have no idea what bandwidth is, but what I understand happened, was that so many people uploaded our button and we didn't have enough 'bandwidth' (mystery word again) to support it.

The issue has been fixed and if the button hasn't reappeared on your blog, you may need to re-upload it using the instructions on the right hand side of our blog.


When you said, storing enough food and clothing to the extent the law allows: what does that mean. Is there a law as to how much food a person can store?

In some countries it is against the law to store more food than you can eat. If you don't know about a law in your country, you are probably okay to store as much as you want/can.



I have a few questions about your pasta purchases? Do you buy it from the grocery store? Do you process, mylar bags and O2 absorbers, the pasta or leave it in the cardboard box?

Pasta for my 3 month supply is constantly being rotated through my kitchen so I don't bother to do anything with it other than stack it on a shelf when I get home from the store. Pasta for my longer-term storage I generally buy from the cannery, where it is packaged in #10 cans or mylar bags with oxygen absorbers. Properly packaged pasta will last 30 years.


*********************************************************

Now onto the exciting part!
I made chicken salad for dinner this week as part of my weekly goal to rotate my 3-Month supply. I added some chopped green onions, since I was rotating, and I never make chicken salad without curry now. It's delicious.

I topped it with cashews instead of almonds, just because, and served it with naan, Indian flat bread, instead of pitas--because naan can be cooked on the stove top and I didn't want to heat up my whole house.

Ahh, food storage is delicious.


What did you make this week from your food storage? Post about it on your blog and leave your link below!

Note: Please remember that this rotation link is to share what meal you or your family cooked out of your food storage this week. Links promoting merchandise or websites will be deleted. Please link directly to your 3-Month Supply Rotation post.



3 comments:

Kristine said...

Can we get your recipes for the chicken salad and naan bread. Looks yummy.

Danielle said...

I am also interested in those recipes. I have a recipe I was given for naan; if I remember correctly, it's food storage friendly, though the yeast is a freezer food.

Abs said...

If you will click on the words "chicken salad" the link will take you to the recipe.

The naan recipe will be shared later in a FSF.