-->

Friday, March 30, 2012

Food Storage Friday: Chocolate-Apricot Nut Bars

I've had a rough week with my electronics.  My LCD screen on my DSLR camera went white and I haven't been able to fix it. Meaning I have no control over the camera settings.  I was just learning how to take some good pictures and the camera goes kapoot!  THEN today, my laptop kicked the bucket. Won't even turn on or anything. Besides the obvious frustration with losing two of my most useful blogging side-kicks, my pictures for these bars were on my now-dead laptop. Argh.

After pulling out my hair and kicking and screaming, I took a terrible shot from my phone of these delicious bars, and here's the recipe so you can give them a try.

Chocolate-Apricot Nut Bars
Whole Living Magazine

1 1/2 cups dried apricots
1/2 cup raw almonds, toasted
2 Tbsp unsweetened, shredded coconut, toasted
coarse salt
1/2 oz dark chocolate, melted

Combine apricots, almonds and 1/2 the coconut with a pinch of salt in a food processor. Pulse until finely ground. Line a bread pan with parchment paper and press the mixture into the pan forming a flat loaf. Sprinkle remaining coconut and drizzle with chocolate. Chill in fridge for 15 minutes, cut into bars and store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.

My notes:  Don't use a blender. I gave it a whirl (hehe) but it couldn't hack it, so I had to transfer over to the food processor and then had to wash both the blender and the food processor, boo. 

I didn't toast the coconut. I didn't use coarse salt. I used toasted almonds, not raw ones that I then toasted.

They are super yummy!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

THEN today, my laptop kicked the bucket. Won't even turn on or anything. survival warehouse reviews Besides the obvious frustration with losing two of my most useful blogging side-kicks, my pictures for these bars were on my now-dead laptop. Argh.