-->

Monday, January 30, 2012

Motivational Monday

“I should like to address a few remarks to those who ask, ‘Do I share with my neighbors who have not followed the counsel? And what about the nonmembers who do not have a year’s supply? Do we have to share with them?’ No, we don’t have to share—we get to share! Let us not be concerned about silly thoughts of whether we would share or not. Of course we would share! What would Jesus do? I could not possibly eat food and see my neighbors starving. And if you starve after sharing, ‘greater love hath no man than this …’ (John 15:13.)

Vaughn J. Featherstone, “I Have a Question,” Ensign, Oct. 1976, 31–32

5 comments:

Wendy said...

My husband asks, "would you rather the last acts of your life be ones of selfishness or of love?" Don't get me wrong, it would be tough to share in those circumstances. But I would much rather be the one with food to share than the one begging for food for my children - knowing I was taking it out of someone else's mouth.

Wendy
http://iprepared.blogspot.com

Katie said...

Thank you for this - it might be my favorite food storage/preparation quote of all time!

SandyD said...

This is something I have been thinking and praying about as I have a neighbor who is let's just say, not very nice. What would I do if they showed up at my door? Of course I would share, but my first inclination would be to make them grovel. But, I need to keep asking what would Jesus do. Maybe this is how god teaches us humility.

mindingmomma said...

we get to
has to be the best part of that quote
and the most inspirational way to think like Jesus

Misty @ Your Own Home Store said...

I could not agree more. This is the reason I prepare. Being self-reliant and having excess it what ALLOWS us to give to others. I believe it may be the most important reason God has asked us to do so. He knows not all will prepare and he expects us to use us to answer other's desperate prayers. Thank you.