-->

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's Tuesday Again! (Week 25)

This week for your 72-hour kits, add some garbage bags and a can opener. Garbage bags come in handy for garbage, obviously, but they are also handy for keeping things dry, hauling things, etc. And the can opener is a necessity if you have canned food in your kits.

I know I've said this before, but if you haven't heard it before: don't forget to include non-food items in your three-month supply! I just stocked up on laundry detergent and dishwasher soap. Remember: the goal (for me, anyway) is to be able to live off the items in your home for 3 months without ever needing to go to the store. Don't forget about toilet paper, cleaning supplies (although baking soda can substitute for these), batteries, feminine products, diapers, shampoo, soap, contact solution, medicine, trash bags, etc.

And on to the longer-term storage... I can't believe I didn't even mention rice STORAGE last week in my blog post about rice. Wow. Anyway, tomorrow I'll be posting "All About Rice, Part 2", and I'll be talking about that. Sorry!!

On Thursday we have our final installment of gluten free recipes (it's a dessert this time!), and on Friday we have another great food storage recipe to share.

0 comments: