-->

Friday, February 18, 2011

Food Storage Friday: Pantry Honey-Mustard Chicken

I don't know that I've ever endorsed a cookbook (or if I should) but I REALLY love the cookbook that supplied today's recipe. It's called "Keeping Up Cookbook", and it's sister cookbook, "Favorites" is where I've gotten such gems as Macaroni and Cheese and Chicken Noodle Soup. I am honestly not much of a cook (couldn't cook a darn thing when I got married), but these recipes have kept me afloat at dinner time. If I can recommend one non-food storage thing on this blog, it would be these cookbooks. Here's the link if anyone's interested in checking them out.

*I'm not being paid to brag about this cookbook, I bought it with my own money and just love it with every fiber of my being.*

Now with that out of the way, we can talk about today's meal. It's called Pantry Honey-Mustard Chicken and it's fast and delish, my two best friends.


Ingredients: canned chicken, cream of chicken soup (not mushroom!), honey, mustard (I used dijon), mayo, pepper and peanuts.


And rice. Start your rice first, because your chicken dish will be done before the rice is. This is how I cook my rice.

Now put everything else (besides rice and peanuts) in a large skillet. Note to self: this is not a large skillet. Don't forget to drain your chicken.

Stir it all together


Using your spoon to break up the large chicken clumps. Or you could pre-shred the chicken like we do for chicken salad.

Bring the mixture to a simmer to make sure it's heated all the way through.


Now that your chicken dish is done, and you are still waiting on your rice to finish cooking (seriously, it's that fast!) chop up some peanuts. If you have a peanut allergy in your family, just leave the peanuts out, it'll still be good. In fact, cashews or toasted almonds would probably be delicious instead.


When your rice is finally done, layer rice, then chicken mixture and top with peanuts.


Amazing! Seriously, this dish was super fast and really really yummy. Just looking at the pictures makes me want to make it again.


Pantry Honey-Mustard Chicken
Keeping Up Cookbook

1 can of cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup mayo
2 (13oz) cans canned chicken, drained
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp spicy brown mustard
1/4 tsp pepper

cooked rice
peanuts

Start your rice cooking. Drain chicken. To a large skillet add all ingredients. Stir together, breaking up large chicken clumps with your wooden spoon. Bring to a simmer. Cook until warm through and serve over rice with peanuts on top.

Eat, moan, enjoy.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you...this looks yummy and very simple. Great for a busy day!:)