-->

Friday, January 22, 2010

Food Storage Friday - Applesauce Cake

I've had cake on my mind lately.  My daughter's third birthday is coming up, and I have been trying to decide what kind of cake to make.  I decided to try this one out to see if it would be something she would like (I really didn't want to try out a new cake on her birthday, only to have her not like it!).  I figured she would enjoy it, because she loves raisins and loves applesauce.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to share any of the pictures with you because my husband is out of town, and took the camera (and memory card) with him! Please believe me when I say, however, that the cake is delicious and moist.

I found this recipe on allrecipes.com, a favorite site of mine.  It's a great resource for finding food storage recipes, because you can search by ingredients you do want, as well as ingredients you don't want to use.  For example, when I'm looking for food storage baking recipes that use non-perishables only, I'll do a search for recipes that don't call for eggs and butter (to name the basics).  Of course, I still get results that I can't make using just my pantry items, but for the most part the recipes are all doable!

Okay, now onto the cake... I followed the recipe exactly and it was delicious!  Pictures will be added as soon as I get my hands on that camera again.... :)

Applesauce Cake

1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups applesauce
2 Tbsp molasses
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease and flour a 9x13 pan.

In a medium bowl, sift your flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.

In a large bowl, cream together your sugar and shortening.  Add the applesauce and molasses and mix together.

Gradually add the dry mixture in, until mixed well.  Fold in the raisins.

Pour into your pan, and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean). (Note: The cake will not rise to the top of the pan).  Cool for 10 minutes.  You can top it with your favorite frosting or glaze, if desired.  Enjoy!

Find the recipe and read the reviews on allrecipes.com here.

30 comments:

Ethan Smith said...

Nice post thanks for sharing i was searching for custom macaron boxes and i found a website they are providing high quality on wholesale with free designing and free shipment worldwide. Get Your's .

Curtis Shain said...

People love delicious bakery items; macarons are one of those most loveable tasty things. They are incredibly delicious and made up of expensive and delicate ingredients.
Therefore, their protection is highly essential. Custom Macaron Boxes provide protection and safety.

Telenor WhatsApp Packages said...

I found the best Telenor Internet Packages 2020 here along with the most useful Telenor whatsapp packages and Telenor advance balance code

Earn Online With Apps said...

Many law firms working on the human rights but the best one is Employment lawyer in Toronto working on
the employees rights in Toronto and give advice to the employees and
give suggestions as well on the
legal issues and any other agreement.
They are experienced staff.

Aftab saleem said...

azharhabib
azharhabib
azharhabib
azharhabib
azharhabib
azharhabib

Aftab saleem said...

azharhabib
azharhabib
azharhabib
azharhabib
azharhabib
azharhabib

Mikel lee said...

It was a nice post really, I like it.
custom box manufacture
bottle neckers boxes with logo - Packhit

Mikel lee said...

such a great post I like it very much to keep it up.
cheap custom cbd boxes
affordable printed gable boxes

Tory Brown said...

I appreciate your post thanks for sharing the information.
best Custom Rigid boxes Packaging boxes
bulk Cell phone boxes for sale

georgedaltone said...

I have read your article; it is very instructive and valuable to me. I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting it.Mailer Boxes.

Custom Boxes World USA said...

Custom Printed Essential Oil Packaging Boxes must have an eye-catching layout and material that is durable. essential oil packaging

Linda Robert said...

Good Quality publish, I sincerely cherished analyzing this newsletter, it explains the entirety in a smooth way. i'm able to check this blog for such critical information and will maintain to search for it.Queen mattress under $1000

write for us technology said...

Hello There. I found your blog using google. This is a very well written article. I'll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I will definitely return. If you want write for us please visit here:write for us technology

Anonymous said...

Nice Writting Skill Love to Read Your Blog!
If You are a Telenor User Diffinately you will Need This > >> JTelenor Advance balance code

All Custom Boxes said...

really appreciate your post. thanks for sharing the information with us . we as food packaging supplier provide food packaging solutions for all food items.

ayaani said...

You're doing an excellent job, my friend! I'm genuinely impressed with your efforts. A few days ago, I came across a website that is performing exceptionally well, Network Digital Office Systems and I thought I'd share it with you. This way, you can also derive some insights and benefits from it.

adam said...

nice job LAMTOTO

davidconway said...

well dodge steering wheels

joeclark said...

very well portrait painting

mrbaga said...

good roofing companies near me

bigshoto said...

well Miami metal roofing contractors

madnirocket said...

well done Online Certification Courses

rimjhim said...

good job Prepaid Card software

jameshatt said...

You're excelling in your efforts, and your work is both impressive and incredibly beneficial for me. Likewise,
I recently led rasvjeta discovered a website related to led rasvjeta, and it's proving to be highly effective.
I wanted to share this find with led rasvjeta you, hoping that you can also derive benefits from it, just as I have.

jameshatt said...

You're excelling in your efforts, and your work is both impressive and incredibly beneficial for me. Likewise,
I recently blackfyre discovered a GSA Schedule Consultant website related to blackfyre, and it's proving to be highly effective.
I wanted to share this find with you, hoping that you can also derive benefits from it, just as I have.



jameshatt said...

You're excelling in your efforts, and your work is both impressive and incredibly beneficial for me. Likewise,
I recently meetwise discovered a Productive Meetings website related to meetwise, and it's proving to be highly effective.
I wanted to share this find with you, hoping that you can also derive benefits from it, just as I have.


jameshatt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
evil007 said...

Such an amazing post, I really like it. I also want to tell you about the website which is providing very helpful information about Healthy options at Subway

saeed said...

Such an amazing post, I really like it. I also want to tell you about the website which is providing very helpful information about mosquito grass spray .

khurram said...

Such an amazing post, I really like it. I also want to tell you about the website which is providing very helpful information about UIF Status Check .